gen-package-version v0.9.3

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 15 23:35:47 PDT 2015

On 06/16/2015 12:40 AM, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> On 16/06/2015 12:45 p.m., Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> One more followup, gen-package-version v0.9.3:
>>
>> https://github.com/Abscissa/gen-package-version/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
>>
>> - Enhancement: If detecting the version number via git fails, attempt to
>> detect it via the currect directory name (ex,
>> ~/.dub/packages/[project-name]-[version-tag]).
>>
>> - Enhancement: Don't bother running git if there's no .git directory.
>>
>> - Enhancement: Bootstraps itself, so gen-package-version itself enjoys
>> the following fix:
>>
>> - Fixed: Fails to detect version number for packages fetched by dub
>> (since they lack .git).
>
> Will it support hg in future?

Possibly. All I'd need is an hg equivalent to "git describe". Looks like
there's one listed here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6693209/is-there-an-equivalent-to-gits-describe-function-for-mercurial

But I haven't really been using hg so I don't really have any hg
projects handy, and I've kinda forgotten even the basics.

Could you post a hg command that will clone for me an OSS project I
could use to test?