Announcing dplug, a toolkit for making audio plugins with D

ponce via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 17 02:58:42 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 at 07:44:03 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Monday, 15 June 2015 at 09:30:11 UTC, ponce wrote:
>> On Sunday, 14 June 2015 at 21:37:14 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The wiki said that Audacity ships with Vamp:
>>>
>>> http://www.vamp-plugins.org/develop.html
>>
>> I was under the impression that LV2 was the Linux standard.
>> But since Bitwig Studio has been released for Linux, VST is
>> the most serious contender in this space.
>
> http://www.vamp-plugins.org/rationale.html
>
> http://bugzilla.audacityteam.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=LV2
>
> http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Plug-ins
> http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Creating_your_own_Plug-in

VAMP does look like a very interesting format, however immediate
goal is survival in the commercial space, where AAX, Mac and
AudioUnit are much more important :)  It isn't even sure I will
continue with D but for now there is not much absolute blockers.
Lack of OSX shared libraries could be one though.

VAMP roughly fits dplug (apart from non-changing parameters), but
then it would be a subset of possible VAMP plugins if implemented.