Walter, Brian, and Daniel's DConf 2015 talks are up

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 23 06:33:02 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 07:41:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 6/23/15 12:29 AM, Baz wrote:
>> On Friday, 19 June 2015 at 22:47:03 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
>>> Walter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znjesAXEEqw
>>> Brian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmFyB9e7edw
>>> Daniel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5daHGXSetXk
>>>
>>> I've only just started watching but the editing seems to be
>>> well done
>>> so thanks to UVU for that.
>>
>> What did happen at 16' during Bright Talk ? Seemed hilarous
>> however the
>> language barrier stopped me here.
>
> The mouse pointer was right there in the middle of the
> projected slides. It took me 16 minutes to not stand it
> anymore, after which I went and moved it aside. -- Andrei

It's an interesting thing: the relationship between intrinsic
personality traits, 'deformation professionnelle' and the problem
domain.  Were someone unable to assess quality in language
design, a degree of obsessiveness would be one thing he might
want to see in a designer given the long separation of
gratification from seeing the ultimate results of good design and
laying the foundation for things well.

I once worked with a chap - senior guy - who faked Aspergery
traits he didn't really have in order to impress people from
outside the firm (he wasn't distinguished by his quant ability,
but had other things going for him).  And people copy the leader,
so watch out for Dconf 2020! ;)  [Since it's a forum post, yes, I
know you're not faking it and that it's within the normal range
;)].