LLVM 3.6 released - LDC master branch/0.15.1 is ready to use it!

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 1 20:58:40 PST 2015

Dan Olson <zans.is.for.cans at yahoo.com> writes:

> "Kai Nacke" <kai at redstar.de> writes:
>
>> On Sunday, 1 March 2015 at 03:26:16 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
>>> Dan Olson <zans.is.for.cans at yahoo.com> writes:
>>>
>>> I got LLVM 3.6 to work but I couldn't compile with LDC 0.15.1 (looks
>>> like more 3.6 fixes came in after it) and ldc master HEAD
>>> compilation
>>> ended up with an LLVM assertion failure on OS X. I backed up to ldc
>>> commit 136fe8d and that worked for both OS X and iOS.
>>
>> Which assertion do you get on OS X?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kai
>
> I didn't save the error message.  I'll have to rebuild with ldc master
> later today then I'll let you know.  I was using an LLVM 3.6 (github
> mirror release_36 branch) Debug+Asserts build.

False alarm Kai. I updated ldc to master but not runtime. Once I updated
druntime to ldc branch HEAD, it builds ok. Probably the varargs change.
BTW, this was the assertion I got in a bunch of modules:

Assertion failed: (getOperand(0)->getType() == cast<PointerType>(getOperand(1)->getType())->getElementType() && "Ptr must be a pointer to Val type!"), function AssertOK, file /Users/dan/projects/ldc/llvm-git/lib/IR/Instructions.cpp, line 1083.