GSoC 2015 - Application Rejected

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 3 00:09:15 PST 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-02 at 22:51 +0000, CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

[…]
> I sent a message asking for a bit more in-depth feedback, we will
> see how that turns out!

I suspect it is like any decision making process where there are N
places for M applications and N << M, many get culled by fairly
arbitrary criteria simply to get the numbers down and make the
decision making tractable.

We are going through this right now with the DevoxxUK 2015 programme
committee, and many of us have a fear we might have missed a good
proposal in the mass culling needed to get few enough selected not to
have an overburdened programme.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk