GSoC 2015 - Application Rejected

Ben Boeckel via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 3 05:45:18 PST 2015

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 08:20:41 +0000, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> But this is funded either by GSoC or RH.

I don't think Fedora even requests money from GSoC itself anymore. Red
Hat funding it makes sense though. And it's not like there aren't
companies with 9+ zeros active in and aware of this community. And one
notable one in particular has decent multipliers over even Red Hat's
size. I see no reason why targeted GSoC-like things can't be organized
by those companies besides a presumed lack of ROI.

--Ben