GSoC 2015 - Application Rejected

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 3 08:30:58 PST 2015

On 02/03/2015 23:00, CraigDillabaugh wrote:
> On Monday, 2 March 2015 at 22:36:43 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
>> On Monday, 2 March 2015 at 19:08:49 UTC, CraigDillabaugh wrote:
>>> Unfortunately our organizational proposal for the 2015 Google Summer
>>> of Code was rejected.  Thanks to everyone who helped out on this,
>>> especially to those who volunteered to mentor.
>>>
>>> I've asked Google to provide me with feedback, and I will post that
>>> here once/if I get something from them.
>>>
>>> If I am not asked to resign I am happy to volunteer for this post
>>> again next year. Hopefully I can learn something from this year and
>>> any feedback they provide.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Craig
>>
>> List of accepted projects
>> https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/list/public/google/gsoc2015
>>
>> a lot of other languages got accepted :(
>
> Yes, but I didn't see Rust, Nimrod, or Go on there, so I suppose we are
> on even footing with our main competition.

Not just Rust, the whole Mozilla was not accepted either:
http://blog.queze.net/post/2015/03/03/Mozilla-not-accepted-for-Google-Summer-of-Code-2015

Interesting quote:
"People who have observed the list carefully may have noticed that there
are fewer accepted organizations this year: 137 (down from 190 in 2014
and 177 in 2013). Other organizations that have participated
successfully several times are also not in the 2015 list (eg. Linux
Foundation, Tor, ...)."

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros