dfmt 0.1.0

Brian Schott via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 3 15:03:31 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 3 March 2015 at 20:36:20 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Thanks for doing this. It's an important part of the D
> toolchain we need to have. At some point I want to merge it
> into the official release.
>
> I noticed it is remarkably small (1400 lines). What is its
> algorithm? How does it compare with gofmt and clang-format in
> how it works?

I haven't read the source to either of those programs, so I'm not
sure how it compares.

dfmt works by re-using my existing lexer and parser. The parser
is run on the code first so that the formatting step knows a few
things like the difference between the binary and unary forms of
"*". Line splitting is figured out using a badly mangled version
of A*.