dfmt 0.1.0

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 4 07:26:37 PST 2015

On Wed, 2015-03-04 at 15:04 +0000, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
[…]
> All Brian tools use the same libdparse. Those include DCD,
> DScanner, dfix, dfmt and probably some others I am not aware of.
> It was also proposed for inclusion into Phobos a while ago but
> review pressure was too high.

I try to use DCD when working with Emacs for D code, but I keep
forgetting to start the server :-( I would certainly be happy to commit
to using dfmt just as I use gofmt in Emacs. As long as the variation
from my preferred style is not to much I can live with a "One True
Style" (*).

> I hope it will eventually replace the legacy lexer/parser
> converted from DMD C sources - it is much more pleasant to work
> with.
>
> (there is no such thing as "one D parser written in D for the
> compiler")

There ought to be for the compiler/formatter toolchain otherwise there
will be problems. And if there is a D parser as library and it works why
would anyone want another parser?

(*) The exception is of course Phobos style which I find so annoying I
can't read code formatted that way.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk