Deadcode on github

Jonas Drewsen via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 15 14:39:42 PDT 2015

Hi

   Some people have shown interest in getting access to the source
code of the Deadcode editor. I haven't done this earlier because
of lots of dirty bits I wanted to clean up first.

But I figured that it was better to get early feedback on dirty
code than too late feedback on shiny code.

I have also opened access to the WIP website and the Trello board
I use. In case anyone ends up contributing just ask for Trello
edit access.

Here you go...

Website:   http://deadcode.steamwinter.com
Changelog: http://deadcode.steamwinter.com/downloads/Changelog.txt
Trello:    https://trello.com/b/ufLqwxVW

There are binaries for windows on the website but I have not
verified them working on something other than the same machine I
work on. So cannot tell if it work as expected - please tell
about any issues.

I'll work on improving first time experience but let me known
what you think.

/Jonas

TL;DR;

I currently use Deadcode when coding Deadcode itself except for
debugging. I have not used it for other projects yet so you may
find issues there.

Keybindings are a mostly emacs like but with some other standard
included like ctrl+c/v copy/paste etc. The keybindings file can
be changed to fit your needs if you don't like emacs style.

Useful shortcuts to know:

ctrl + m will show build panel
ctrl + p will show command buffer listing commands
ctrl + , will let you select current dub project files
ctrl + n new extension/file
f7 build dub project and show issues panel
f8 frame next build issue in panel and open file on line

Lots of other goodies I need to put in the docs soon.

You move the window on the menu button only (maybe I'll change
that later - dunno)

Mac and linux build are on the roadmap.

You might need to boostrap your keybindings file to make it
interesting. Haven't got around to automate this yet.

copy the file below to
C:\Users\your-login\AppData\Roaming\DeadCode\

http://deadcode.steamwinter.com/downloads/key-mappings-emacs