DDT 0.11.0 released

Trent Forkert via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 17 17:12:17 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 17 March 2015 at 23:54:06 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On 17 March 2015 at 06:00, Bruno Medeiros via
> Digitalmars-d-announce
> <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> On 06/03/2015 17:37, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>>>
>>> A new version of DDT is out. Improvements to the semantic
>>> engine,
>>> important fixes:
>>> https://github.com/bruno-medeiros/DDT/releases/tag/Release_0.11.0
>>>

>>> There has also been some big internal changes lately, so
>>> these latest
>>> releases might be a bit more buggy than usual. (as
>>> exemplified by the
>>> regression where code folding and quick-outline were broken
>>> :s - and
>>> shame on me for taking so long to notice that)
>>>

>> A new release fixing a critical regression is out:
>> https://github.com/bruno-medeiros/DDT/releases/tag/Release_0.11.1
>>

>> --
>> Bruno Medeiros
>> https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros
>
> I just checked out DDT, and I noticed it seems to use DUB... >_<
>
> Why this marriage? I was really hoping it would be a lot more
> like CDT
> (ie, raw and flexible).
> In the project configuration I just see the one "DUB Options"
> box. The
> comprehensive suite of build options CDT presents would be much
> nicer.
>
> DUB is insufficient for any of my projects, and sadly, that
> makes DDT
> insufficient for my projects too :(
> The problem with DUB is it's self-contained. My projects involve
> cross-language interaction, and the build environments can be
> complex.
> DUB can't express this.
>
> I also couldn't launch GDB and debug the example 'hello world'
> app
> under Windows. Are there more steps to make this work?

Unless something has changed recently, it shouldn't require dub.
Last time I checked, my CMake work[1] could still generate
projects for Eclipse from a D codebase, using Makefiles or Ninja.
Not that that helps if you are creating a project from an Eclipse
Wizard, which I haven't done in a long time.

[1] https://github.com/trentforkert/cmake