DDT 0.11.0 released

Trent Forkert via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 18 15:32:05 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 18 March 2015 at 21:49:17 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> Why is it insufficient? You don't have to use DUB to the
> exclusion of everything else. Isn't the use of the
> preGenerateCommands
> (http://code.dlang.org/package-format#build-settings) enough to
> call these other build systems you use?

You're joking, right?

The only sensible way to use multiple languages in the same
project is to use the same build system for them. Anything else
is way too fragile and hackish.

Arbitrary, contrived example (though not entirely unrealistic):
  * a C(++) executable needs a static D library
  * Said D library in turn uses a C(++) library
  * All three of these are built as components of the same project

So now I need a weird tangled mess of build systems calling each
other back and forth. Dub really doesn't pull its weight here.