DDT 0.11.0 released

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 19 08:14:06 PDT 2015

On 19/03/2015 14:45, Trent Forkert wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 March 2015 at 11:18:29 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> Semantics analysis you can get by simply opening .d file in CDT
>> project is very limited compared to opening dub project because it
>> can't know the import paths for dependencies or pretty much anything
>> about project structure apart from opened file. This isn't much.

Exactly.

> It seems you are right that it *is* limited, but it shouldn't be. CMake
> emits include/import paths into the project structure. I had thought it
> emitted into .project, but evidently emits into .cproject. If DDT
> supported a .dproject I could also emit, I could get it to work.

DDT does support a .dproject ... it's called dub.json ! ;)

I'm dead serious here though. Why would I invent my own file format to
describe source folders and include/imports paths when dub.json does
that already?? It would be silly to use anything else. If you absolutely
don't want to use DUB to build things, there are ways to disable the DUB
builder, as mentioned before in this thread, and this way you'll use
dub.json merely to describe the import path structure of the D project.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros