DDT 0.11.0 released

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 20 07:36:49 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 19 March 2015 at 14:45:08 UTC, Trent Forkert wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 March 2015 at 11:18:29 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> I call dub from makefile rules and feel pretty comfortable
>> about such pattern (apart from being not-so-portable compared
>> to raw dub). And building anything via IDE is just asking for
>> trouble :)
>
> I use Vim myself, but I think people who use IDEs would like
> to, well, use IDEs.

I wasn't referring to the vim vs IDE holy debate. I often use IDE
myself but never use interal build systems tied to IDE - mostly
for portability reasons. It is good to know that your project
will always be built the same way - on local development box, in
packaging script, on headless CI box.

>> Semantics analysis you can get by simply opening .d file in
>> CDT project is very limited compared to opening dub project
>> because it can't know the import paths for dependencies or
>> pretty much anything about project structure apart from opened
>> file. This isn't much.
>
> It seems you are right that it *is* limited, but it shouldn't
> be. CMake emits include/import paths into the project
> structure. I had thought it emitted into .project, but
> evidently emits into .cproject. If DDT supported a .dproject I
> could also emit, I could get it to work.

.dproject is exactly dub.json
I don't really understand the part about putting paths to
.project though - how it can possibly put something that is
language specific there?