DDT 0.11.0 released

Ben Boeckel via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 23 06:39:51 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 12:51:36 +0000, Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> At the time of this message of yours, you didn't offer any concrete,
> *technical* reasons of why dub shouldn't be used. Saying one doesn't
> *want* to use dub is not a valid reason at all. Saying you can't,
> without saying why, is no valid reason either.

Can dub build multiple libraries in the same project? Different flags to
different source files? Running a Python script to generate D code?

> And is that a full-featured integration, or does it have significant
> limitations? You see, before DUB was, DDT did have it's own `.dproject`
> of sorts ('.buildpath' for those who remember), and it's own basic
> builder. But that integration was very basic and had severe limitations.

With CMake, you don't need to do the build steps in DDT; Eclipse already
knows how to run an external build tool just fine.

> What I'm wondering is how good the VisualD on is then. Unfortunately I
> can't easily check it out myself because if the point here is to check
> C/C++ I'd probably have to install the commercial version of Visual
> Studio to try it out.

VS2013 Community Edition should work.

--Ben