DDT 0.11.0 released

Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 23 19:22:24 PDT 2015

On 23 March 2015 at 22:39, Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce
<digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 20/03/2015 04:12, Manu via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>>
>> On 19 March 2015 at 07:12, Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d-announce
>>
>> <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

>>> What kind of Eclipse projects does it generate? If it generates CDT
>>> projects, it's not really much help as CDT doesn't understand D (duh),
>>

>>> and DDT doesn't work with CDT projects (also duh).
>>

>> Why is that 'duh'? I would expect nothing less than for DDT and CDT to
>> interact comprehensively.
>

> Fair enough on that last 'duh', it could have been that DDT integrated with
> CDT.
>
>> VisualD and Mono-D interact extensively with the existing C/C++
>> toolsets present on those platforms.
>>

> Do they now? I'm inclined to try them out again because I'm a bit skeptical
> of that comment, as least in how it applies to this discussion.

I use those IDE's every day, and all my projects are C/C++ engine/ibs
and D frontend code.
In Visual-D you can even press F12 (go to definition) on an extern(C)
symbol in your D code, and it will jump to the .cpp file where it's
defined.

> For example, does Mono-D allow to seamlessly create a crossplatform
> "solution" with a D project interacting with a C project (and/or the
> opposite).

Absolutely, if it didn't, it wouldn't be useful (to me).

> And what exactly "seamlessly" means here, what is offered in
> Mono-D that couldn't be done in DDT?

Automatic linking between sibling libs within a solution, referencing
of symbols between the languages/projects, automatic rebuild
dependencies between sibling projects.
I'm sure it could all be done in DDT. I'm just saying that as an
end-user I would expect that level of interoperation with CDT and no
less.
I haven't tested those things, they may already work.