Release Candidate D 2.067.0-rc1

csmith1991 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 24 04:56:29 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 24 March 2015 at 11:48:48 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 March 2015 at 00:26:13 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
>> "Szymon Gatner"  wrote in message
>> news:oofoormyfxkefokvkuzz at forum.dlang.org...
>>
>>> i really try not to be whiny about it but it is sooo
>>> frustrating. d advertises itself as easy to integrate with
>>> c/c++ and maybe in theory it is but in practice it is not
>>> true at all. simplest example from Adam's book I followed
>>> crashed miserable so I can only assume that -nobody- is
>>> mixing c++ with d on Win.
>>
>> DDMD is mixing D and C++ on all the autotester platforms.
>> It's not that simple, but it should be possible.
>
> Honestly, I am not willing to try even less mature compiler
> (last month it was finished?) to try the feature that does not
> work in the reference one.
>
> Don't get me wrong, we do want to be early adopters, but there
> is nothing to adopt yet.

So, Adam's book worked pretty well for me. What specific issues
are you having?

I remember asking StackOverflow about one particular issue I was
having getting functions to work with SAS, and Adam responded in
half an hour. Before that though, I already had the answer to the
question. Perhaps the question might help you:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25868600/could-a-d-dll-work-within-sas