Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

cym13 via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 25 16:13:10 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 25 March 2015 at 23:00:32 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Ola Fosheim Grøstad:
>
>> Downplaying other languages makes the D crowd look desperate...
>
> That kind of articles are bad for the image of the D community
> (and the D code shown in that article is not the best).
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I don't know about that... I too think that maybe it was a clumsy
way of doing it but I'm not sure that we would have had such
critics if Python (eg.) had been choosen to write the examples,
even with not very pythonic code.

Maybe it should have been backed up with another language not to
put the comparison on D alone.

Bad publicity is better than no publicity in many cases. There's
no reason why this couldn't play out right in the end.