Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 26 07:07:54 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 26 March 2015 at 13:51:32 UTC, Chris wrote:
> The Go language aside, I don't trust Google projects. Too many
> corpses. I have more confidence in community driven things.

If you can make do with a conglomerate of small things, yes.
Python is well suited for that, many small independent bits.

I'm ok with Google projects as long as there is a fallback. And
there is a fallback for most of the tech they push. (e.g. you can
host your own App Engine compatible setup, compile your own Go
compiler, etc)