Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 26 12:16:53 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 26 March 2015 at 08:53:31 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> There is a difference between claiming that language A makes
> this and that difficult and claiming that language B is better
> than A.

We have different interpretations of the article. My reading was
"I hate these properties of Go."

> If you aren't making a research language (and D most certainly
> would fail in that arena) the only thing that matters is how it
> fares in a production setting by programmers who do full time
> programming in the language.

You're making a big assumption about which programmers and
projects count and which don't. I wonder if outside of Google if
there are even 100 programmers working full time exclusively with
Go. I don't work full time with D, but I work with it a lot, and
I don't see why my experience shouldn't count.