Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 26 16:06:00 PDT 2015

On 03/26/2015 06:36 PM, ketmar wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:17:47 -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>
>> Of course I'm not saying that makes trolling "good" (although I'm
>> absolutely *amazed* that so many on reddit actually see your article as
>> trolling - it obviously isn't, they clearly didn't even read it. Some of
>> them even think *you're* the one who's calling many programmers "lesser"
>> rather than Rob Pike)
>
> that's why i never read comments. especially comments on sites like HN or
> reddit.

I always tell myself to avoid them, but I usually can't help browsing at
least a few anyway :) I see reddit more as a topic-driven discussion
board though, rather than a comment section, but I'll grant it's a
rather blurry line.

YouTube comments are notorious for being the real bad ones though. Those
ones are easy enough to avoid reading!