Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 26 18:47:54 PDT 2015

On 3/26/2015 12:40 PM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> (Almost) All publicity is good publicity.

I attended a presentation at NWCPP on Go last week. I have never written a Go
program, so filter my opinion on that.

It seems to me that every significant but one feature of Go has a pretty much
direct analog in D, i.e. you can write "Go" code in D much like you can write
"C" code in D.

The one difference was Go's support for green threads. There's no technical
reason why D can't have green threads, it's just that nobody has written the
library code to do it.