Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

Dejan Lekic via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 27 05:40:39 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 25 March 2015 at 22:30:15 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 25 March 2015 at 21:00:37 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/30ad8b/why_gos_design_is_a_disservice_to_intelligent/
>>
>> Andrei
>
> Downplaying other languages makes the D crowd look desperate...
>
> Go has stability, is production ready and has an ecosystem with
> commercial value.
>
> D lacks all of these atm...

Not to mention that Go is in GCC for a very long time already...
:)

I never liked the language much (I think Erlang or Scala are
definitely better choices than Go), but it is in a much better
shape than D (unless you want to use stable D1).