Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 27 10:34:33 PDT 2015

On Friday, 27 March 2015 at 16:40:14 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Friday, 27 March 2015 at 16:27:48 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> I have no interest in arguing with you, just calling out
>> especially harmful lies that may mislead random readers.
>
> Nice one. I am sure your attitude is very helpful for D.

Actually, it really is. He does a lot of useful work that has
helped improve many parts of D and it's ecosystem. Mostly I see
you sniping from the sidelines with in-actionable comments; not
because you're necessarily wrong, but because despite what
appears to be a significant body of knowledge, your arguments
lack detail and are often supported by a bunch of academic
knowledge that - at best - you refer to in overly general terms.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's frustrating seeing you throw
knowledge at topics without making any of it stick.