Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 27 12:11:13 PDT 2015

On 3/27/2015 5:48 AM, Dejan Lekic wrote:
> That `source.byLine.join.to!(string);` line for example, takes much
> longer time to understand than 20 lines of Go code. Any D newbie with knowledge
> of some modern language will struggle understanding (and being 100% sure that
> he/she understands!) that line of D code.

This style of programming does take some getting used to for one that is used to
traditional loop programming (like me). But it is like learning a new language -
once you learn what byLine, join, etc., do, it is pretty simple to see what is
happening.