GtkD 3.1.0 released, GTK+ with D.

captaindet via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 28 12:31:56 PDT 2015

On 2015-03-27 16:47, Mike Wey wrote:
> On 03/27/2015 10:27 PM, captaindet wrote:
>> On 2015-03-26 17:41, Mike Wey wrote:
>>> GtkD is a D binding and OO wrapper of Gtk+ and is released on the LGPL
>>> license.
>>>
>>> Shortly after the last release, GtkD has been updated for GTK+ 3.16.
>>>
>>> GtkD 3.1.0 is now available on gtkd.org:
>>> http://gtkd.org/download.html
>>
>> great news - thanks for your efforts!
>>
>> there is a name conflict though. folder
>> \srcgstreamer\gstreamer\
>> contains
>> GStreamer.d
>> and
>> gstreamer.d
>> this is not supported on windows machines i don't think DMD supports
>> differentiating between them either.
>>

>> /det
>
> Fixed in 3.1.1.

thanks a bunch!

i ran into something else concerning Builder.addFromString

in the 1.x versions it was
uint addFromString(string buffer, gsize length)
(clumsy C style)

in the 2.x versions it became
uint addFromString(string buffer)
(D-ified, made sense)

with 3.x it reverted to
uint addFromString(string buffer, size_t length)
(back to clumsy C style)

i don't really like to change my code again and make it incompatible with 2.x versions. and i don't like the clumsy C style either. i'd appreciate if you could add an overload for the D style 2.x version call.

cheers,

det