Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 29 08:57:19 PDT 2015

On 3/29/15 4:43 AM, "Marc =?UTF-8?B?U2Now7x0eiI=?= <schuetzm at gmx.net>"
wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 08:37:54 UTC, Idan Arye wrote:
>>>
>>> I also do not regard Go as a competitor to D. It's more of a
>>> competitor to Java and Ruby.
>>
>> How is Go a competitor to Ruby? I cannot think of a single parameter
>> where Go and Ruby don't take the exact opposite approach!(other than
>> the obvious ones like "both use require the programmer to write code")
>
> I think it's more of a competitor to Rails. Ruby as a language is as you
> say very different from Go. Incidentally, it shows that it is possible
> to make a language simple without crippling it.

... but efficiency. Ruby is 50 times slower than all languages,
including itself.

Andrei