Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 29 12:09:51 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 02:15:38 UTC, cym13 wrote:

> Urr.... As an active Python developer, I find that one pretty
> harsh. It's not that we need to enforce good style, it's that
> we take good style as granted and choose to lighten it
> consequently.
>
> On the contrary I think that D has everything to attract a
> pythonista. Most new, trendy languages like Go or Rust are to
> down a level to easily suit a python's formated mind, and I
> guess that if most python developers come to switch language
> for performance issues (like myself) D's code safety system is
> definitely very appealing because python's safety is... well...
> ^^"
>
> Moreover, it is possible to reach a good expressiveness (maybe
> not as good as python, but that's the whole goal of python so
> there's no shame in not matching it).
>
> UFCS FTW!

As an active Python developer, what would you add to or change
about the following:
http://bitbashing.io/2015/01/26/d-is-like-native-python.html