dsq-1: open-source software synthesizer

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 29 23:26:00 PDT 2015

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 19:17:35 +1300, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

> On 30/03/2015 7:14 p.m., ketmar wrote:

>>> Hey hey hey, context matters!
>>
>> i'm speechless 'cause it's a great idea (let machine do it work!), but
>> i'm not sure how this can be done with wide broad of licenses out here.
>>
>> and i definetely want to see "std.license.compare" in Phobos! ;-)
>
> I agree, I'm concerned about this as well. But hey, its one of the
> features the dub developers want to have.

what i really want to have is "libdub". i.e. turning dub to library, so
it can be easily integrated in any D project (rdmd comes to mind first).
i don't want D building abilities, for example, but i really like to use
it's package management part (and get list of files and compiler flags
for that packages).

sure, i can do this by parsing dub jsons and execing dub itself to do
package management work, but libdub is better...

maybe someday i'll wrote such thing. ;-)