Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 30 03:04:10 PDT 2015

On Monday, 30 March 2015 at 08:53:15 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 19:03:06 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>> On Sunday, 29 March 2015 at 15:34:35 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
>> wrote:
>>> Actually, there is quite a large overlap if you look beyond
>>> the syntax. Dart is completely unexciting, but I also find it
>>> very productive when used with the IDE.
>>
>> Glad to hear this - I haven't yet got very far with Dart, but
>> it seems like a toss-up between Dart and Livescript for a
>> passable language to run on the client (for my little use
>> case).
>
> I don't know the future of Dart, but if you have time to wait
> for it you might consider atscript/Angular 2.0.

Very dark as Angular team decided to look for Typescript
instead[0].

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/typescript/archive/2015/03/05/angular-2-0-built-on-typescript.aspx

Now with Dart team giving up on their VM, Dart becomes just yet
another language that transpiles to JavaScript.

http://news.dartlang.org/2015/03/dart-for-entire-web.html

So, it will just fade way in the sea of JavaScript wannabe
replacements.

--
Paulo