Gary Willoughby: "Why Go's design is a disservice to intelligent programmers"

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 30 05:04:21 PDT 2015

On Monday, 30 March 2015 at 07:29:56 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Saturday, March 28, 2015 14:19:46 Walter Bright via
> Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>> Thank you. I need to learn std.algorithm better.
>
> Don't we all. Part of the problem with std.algorithm is its
> power. It's
> frequently the case that you think that something isn't there
> when it's
> either there under a different name, or you just have to look
> at one of its
> functions from a different angle to use it for what you're
> trying to do. It
> wouldn't surprise me at all if folks who know it quite well get
> surprised by
> what it can do at least from time to time.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

when this happens, it would be great if the person could post to
the group a few lines about it so someone (possibly someone else)
can collate into a future series on gems in phobos.  maybe give
subject some consistent name so it is easy to find them later.