DTiled: Tiled map loader

rcorre via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat May 2 12:16:02 PDT 2015

Any D game developers out there looking to create a tile-based
game?

DTiled aims to provide a quick and easy way to load maps created
with Tiled
(http://www.mapeditor.org). For those that don't know, Tiled is
an open-source
2D tilemap editor that is a great tool for indie developers.

At the moment, DTiled is a pretty thin wrapper around Tiled's
JSON map format,
though it provides a few useful helper functions and may expand
to provide a
higher-level API for inspecting tilemap data.

DUB:    http://code.dlang.org/packages/dtiled
Docs:   http://rcorre.github.io/dtiled/dtiled.html
Github: https://github.com/rcorre/dtiled

DTiled is focused on loading and inspecting tilemap data rather
than rendering it, as I do not want to tie DTiled to a particular
rendering engine.
The idea is that a developer can use DTiled to inspect the
information exported from tiled and populate their own in-game
map data.

Want to see it in action?
Check out this example, which uses DTiled to load a map and
Allegro to render
it: https://github.com/rcorre/dtiled-example

Other than that example and some unit tests on the loaded data,
DTiled is not
yet well-proven. However, I am trying to get back into gamedev
and intend on
developing DTiled further as I use it.

If you give it a try, let me know what you think!