DTiled: Tiled map loader

rcorre via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat May 2 18:17:59 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 19:24:12 UTC, Namespace wrote:
> Nice that you named Dgame on your repo. ;) As soon as it
> supports XML and CSV I would definitely use it.
>
> For my April/Mai game "Angry Snowball"
> (https://github.com/Dgame/AngrySnowball) I use currently a CSV
> format.

Unfortunately XML support is not a top priority for me, as I
always use the JSON format. I normally have a build step that
converts updated TMX file sto JSON files, which isn't a big deal
since I already have a sort of content pipeline for music and art.

It is a possibility but I'd need to find a good XML serializer.
Orange looks good but isn't on dub, and I'd like to integrate it
in a way that users who only want JSON don't need to pull in the
XML dependency (and visa-versa).

Out of curiosity, any reason for preferring the XML format? Not
that I have a good reason for preferring JSON.