The hackathon week roundup

Mike via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat May 2 21:15:56 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 23:02:05 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

> I'm looking into ways to make this more interactive (google
> hangouts?) and more fun (contests? prizes? etc). Chime in!

My idea:

1. Members of the D leadership/committers form a working group.
2. The working group creates of list of bugs they are willing to
work on.
3. Hackathon is announced.  To motivate participants, the working
group agrees to fix a bug of the winner's choosing.
4. After the hackathon, the working group subjectively chooses a
winner from the participants.
5. The winner discloses which bug they would like fixed, and the
qualified members of the working group agrees to fix it for the
next release.
7. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Mike