Calypso milestone hit: D adaptation of Qt5 tutorial working

Mike via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri May 8 19:58:57 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 02:31:09 UTC, Elie Morisse wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Calypso just got a D translation of the first Qt5 Widgets
> tutorial building and running:
>

> https://github.com/Syniurge/Calypso/blob/master/tests/calypso/qt5/qt5demo.d
>
> Result: http://homo-nebulus.fr/dlang/oh%20my.webm
>
> Compilation log: https://paste.kde.org/pewbbsw45
>
> Previously Calypso was merely able to work with STL types, this
> is the first time a large C++ library is successfully mapped
> and used by D code (Ogre3D is probably close as well, but after
> Kagamin's suggestion and for a change of scene I switched my
> focus from Ogre3D to Qt).

Wow! Game changing work here, IMO!

Question:  You are using a modified version of LDC, but is that
compiler required to consume link to a library created with that
custom compiler?  What I mean is:  Can you use this modified
version of LDC to create a library, and then use a generic D
compiler to build an application that links to that library?

Mike