Calypso milestone hit: D adaptation of Qt5 tutorial working

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat May 9 02:56:03 PDT 2015

On 09.05.2015 04:58, Mike wrote:
> On Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 02:31:09 UTC, Elie Morisse wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Calypso just got a D translation of the first Qt5 Widgets tutorial
>> building and running:
>>
>> https://github.com/Syniurge/Calypso/blob/master/tests/calypso/qt5/qt5demo.d
>>

>> Result: http://homo-nebulus.fr/dlang/oh%20my.webm
>>
>> Compilation log: https://paste.kde.org/pewbbsw45
>>
>> Previously Calypso was merely able to work with STL types, this is the
>> first time a large C++ library is successfully mapped and used by D
>> code (Ogre3D is probably close as well, but after Kagamin's suggestion
>> and for a change of scene I switched my focus from Ogre3D to Qt).
>
> Wow! Game changing work here, IMO!
>
> Question:  You are using a modified version of LDC, but is that compiler
> required to consume link to a library created with that custom
> compiler?  What I mean is:  Can you use this modified version of LDC to
> create a library, and then use a generic D compiler to build an
> application that links to that library?
>
> Mike

Very impressive indeed!

Probably discussed before, but as an alternative to a library, would it
be possible to use the header generation (-H) to emit .di files
compatible with other compilers?