Calypso milestone hit: D adaptation of Qt5 tutorial working

Elie Morisse via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat May 9 12:16:31 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 02:58:58 UTC, Mike wrote:
> Question:  You are using a modified version of LDC, but is that
> compiler required to consume link to a library created with
> that custom compiler?  What I mean is:  Can you use this
> modified version of LDC to create a library, and then use a
> generic D compiler to build an application that links to that
> library?

If you manage to hide every C++ symbol, including C++
class/struct/enum types, that should work.

On Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 09:56:03 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Probably discussed before, but as an alternative to a library,
> would it be possible to use the header generation (-H) to emit
> .di files compatible with other compilers?

I don't think this is possible since C++ functions for instance
are mapped directly and not wrapped inside a D function, and only
the Clang libraries know how to properly emit a call.