This Week in D 16: microcontroller, andoid, std.allocator, lazy import trick

JohnnyK via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue May 12 07:05:37 PDT 2015

On Monday, 11 May 2015 at 03:09:53 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> http://arsdnet.net/this-week-in-d/may-10.html
> https://twitter.com/adamdruppe/status/597598994227924992
>
> The tip could probably use a rewrite in editing, but I'm out of
> time again tonight and I hope I got the point across anyway. As
> someone who really likes distributing single-file libraries
> when possible, the lazy import has given me some cool interop
> things without compromising my preferred distribution strategy.

I think producing this news bulletin is the single best thing you
guys have done recently for the D programming language.  It makes
it easy for someone like myself that is still learning the
language (4 years now) and is wanting to know more about what is
happening but don't know where to start.  Unfortunately I don't
use D in my job daily so it's nice to get a new feed with the
highlights on what is happening.  Anyway I just wanted to let you
know that I appreciate all your hard work on this Adam and you
definitely have a fan.  I am looking forward to reading next
weeks post.