Monday is last day for DConf 2015 registrations

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon May 18 09:31:52 PDT 2015

On Monday, 18 May 2015 at 15:50:01 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> For those of us not going, any update on the live streaming
> setup?  That was a great way for those not there to take part
> last time, even posing after-talk questions and conversing with
> those there over irc. :)

I don't want to sell the conference team short, but having worked
in professional A/V for business events, I wouldn't start
organizing a livestream viewing party just yet. Producing a
broadcast-quality, stable real-time video stream is no piece of
cake, especially when you are doing it for the first time.

Then again, setting up a laptop to push a crappy webcam stream to
Twitch or YouTube Live should be easy enough, at least if the
university LAN is well-designed enough to provide a half-decent
uplink.

  — David