Calypso: Direct and full interfacing to C++

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed May 20 01:17:26 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 20 May 2015 at 00:20:46 UTC, Elie Morisse wrote:
> On Monday, 18 May 2015 at 12:27:35 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
>> BTW how does it rely on having everything on the D side? Maybe
>> it's enough to have just instance size and method symbols?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.

I mean a workaround for current D frontend ability to work with
value types: you can represent it as a struct with members of
from C++ side and when they are used on the D side you call into
C++ side to figure out what code to generate: D side needs not to
know they are inherited.
If you plan to make all C++ types proper value types, that's the
right way to go, I believe.