Now official: we are livestreaming DConf 2015

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed May 27 21:48:57 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 27 May 2015 at 21:05:23 UTC, Leandro Lucarella
wrote:
> Dicebot, el 27 de May a las 19:26 me escribiste:
>> On Wednesday, 27 May 2015 at 19:23:32 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
>> >Hi!
>> >
>> >Any chance to change the YouTube settings? Here in Germany I
>> >get
>> >only the message:
>> >Live streaming is not available in your country due to rights
>> >issues.
>> >
>> >Regards,
>> >Kai
>>
>> The whole live streaming feature seems to be banned in Germany
>> :( I
>> am afraid there is nothing that can be done apart from using a
>> VPN.
>
> Are you sure? Is not like it would surprise me much, but I have
> the
> feeling I have seen live streaming in DE in the past without any
> trickery...

Yes, for some reason the URL felt under the war Google is having
with our beloved GEMA.

Google refuses to pay the royalties GEMA asks for.

To see how ridiculous the whole situation is, even schools had to
search for GEMA free songs for their children to sing, given how
GEMA handles the whole royalties situation.