DConf 2015 has ended. See you in Berlin at DConf 2016!

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri May 29 23:45:29 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 30 May 2015 at 05:08:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> Why not DConf is carried out twice a year!? :)
>> E.g. in May and in November. It would be really great. Please
>> think
>> about it!
>
> Hmm, there may be a little disconnect here. Organizing
> conferences costs money, which currently comes from Walter and
> my pocket. Whilst I understand how it's awfully exciting to
> enjoy quality content from the comfort of one's device, we need
> more attendees before more conferences to make the checkbooks
> balance. Besides, there is no substitute for being there, as
> I'm sure all of this year's DConf participants may attest.

I've been thinking that D needs more globally-available talks
like this throughout the year.  One way to do it would be to
schedule monthly livestreams of a D developer in front of his
webcam, like the Jai programming language guy was doing.  I could
help organize something like this, but the problem isn't getting
it up and running but having people actually give talks.  I can't
even get people to answer my emails for email interviews about D
(with the exception of Mihails, who's been very prompt).

No doubt everybody is very busy and D is a hobby that's easily
pushed aside, but online talks could keep the conference momentum
going throughout the year.