DConf 2015 has ended. See you in Berlin at DConf 2016!

Dennis Ritchie via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sat May 30 10:52:50 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 30 May 2015 at 05:08:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> Why not DConf is carried out twice a year!? :)
>> E.g. in May and in November. It would be really great. Please
>> think
>> about it!
>
> Hmm, there may be a little disconnect here. Organizing
> conferences costs money, which currently comes from Walter and
> my pocket. Whilst I understand how it's awfully exciting to
> enjoy quality content from the comfort of one's device, we need
> more attendees before more conferences to make the checkbooks
> balance. Besides, there is no substitute for being there, as
> I'm sure all of this year's DConf participants may attest.

Of course, having DConf twice a year need to not start this year,
but definitely in the near future. Perhaps starting with 2016 or
2017.
Or you can alternate DConf. For example, in 2016 to spend DConf
once, and in 2017 — two times! In 2018 once, and in 2019 —
twice...

I believe that we need to start global popularization D, to take
away the throne from the reign of C++ :) Possibly two DConf this
greatly help.

As for sponsorship DConfs, I think you need to try to enlist the
support of some great companies, such as Google. Of course,
Digital Mars and The Faсebook done much for the development and
promotion of D, but D needs the support of a strong company to
accelerate the capture of the industrial market. Ie need to
attract a strong company on the side D. I have no idea how this
is possible :) But I think it's a good idea!

Sorry if I wrote something wrong. This is just my thoughts.