ACCU: Self Publishing a Technical Book / Ask an expert about D; November 11, 2015

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 1 22:08:58 PST 2015

On 11/01/2015 08:51 PM, Joakim wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 23:28:52 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> I will be giving a talk at the Silicon Valley ACCU:
>>
>> http://www.meetup.com/SFBay-Association-of-C-C-Users/events/225125586/
>>
>> (I did not write that title nor the synopsis, which may have been
>> updated by the time you read this.)
>>
>> Although I am confident about the self publishing part, I am sure
>> there will be D questions that I am not expert enough. So, please make
>> an effort to show up and support me. :)
>
> Hmm, taking place at Symantec's cafeteria, maybe you can mention that D
> is still using their backend in the reference dmd compiler, might cheer
> them after their recent security issues. ;)

Good idea. :) Although, the venue does not mean that there will be more
than one Symantec employee at the talk. One of their employees
"sponsors" us by being present but the majority of the audience is
outsiders. (Symantec has been wonderful by providing that venue to us
and other groups for more than a decade.)

Ali