DConf 2016, Berlin: Call for Submissions is now open!

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 2 16:42:17 PST 2015

On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 02:41:37 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> The good news is Sociomantic wants to ... more generally get
> more involved in
> helping the Foundation and the language.

Hey - this is great news, and not a complete surprise for those
of us reading between the lines ... (who else could the corporate
sponsor have been ? ;)

But are you and they going to send out a press release or
something and announce it on Reddit and Hacker News?

[BTW you mentioned a desire to have more lieutenants to do such
things, and that's definitely a better way to organize things,
but at the same time it's not that clear what the status of
things is.  Eg I waited for a while to post news of your leaving
Facebook to reddit because I didn't know if you were ready].

I am speaking at codemesh on D tomorrow, and I don't want to take
any risk in stealing the thunder by leaking it to a broader
audience prematurely.

Ie if you could be clearer in desired communications strategy
that would help I think.