DConf 2016, Berlin: Call for Submissions is now open!

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 3 06:39:12 PST 2015

On 11/02/2015 07:42 PM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 02:41:37 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> The good news is Sociomantic wants to ... more generally get more
>> involved in
>> helping the Foundation and the language.
>
> Hey - this is great news, and not a complete surprise for those of us
> reading between the lines ... (who else could the corporate sponsor have
> been ? ;)
>
> But are you and they going to send out a press release or something and
> announce it on Reddit and Hacker News?

I'll have a meeting with them to discuss this topic among others.

> [BTW you mentioned a desire to have more lieutenants to do such things,
> and that's definitely a better way to organize things, but at the same
> time it's not that clear what the status of things is.  Eg I waited for
> a while to post news of your leaving Facebook to reddit because I didn't
> know if you were ready].

On the face of it any publicly available information can be posted to
social news outlets by anyone. Apply good judgment to what's considered
newsworthy etc. Then of course there are better times than others to
post news (PST mornings are better, workdays are better, and Monday is
better).

> I am speaking at codemesh on D tomorrow, and I don't want to take any
> risk in stealing the thunder by leaking it to a broader audience
> prematurely.

Good luck. Just have at it!

> Ie if you could be clearer in desired communications strategy that would
> help I think.

I'll think of refinements, but by and large if I announce it here,
announce everywhere.

Thanks,

Andrei