Please vote for the DConf logo

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 4 07:22:37 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 4 November 2015 at 09:30:30 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:

At some level, none of them?

3 gives me the best feeling so far, but I think it could be
refined.  It's neat how the "D" has heavier weight, but then the
"Conf" looks like a different font and is taller?  That's
jarring.  I'd go with a caps-case and shift to a darker red for
the background.  Also, I'm not sure what to make of the icon at
the left... some sort of landmark in Berlin, I'd hazard?  Either
way, I think the arc that forms the counter for the stylised "D"
is too thin and it doesn't reflect the "moons" motif of the D
logo.

On that note, I like how 1.2 incorporates the colours of the
German flag and evokes the moons at the same time, but it ends up
being too busy and doesn't draw the eye well, IMO.  Hard edges
are fine, but the angles don't give me a good feeling.  (Also,
the zero in the year seems strangely wide.)

Jonas' is fairly striking and sticks to the colours we use on the
site, but where did the triangular D-flower come from?  With
that, the division of red and grey draws focus to the icon to the
detriment of the text.  I don't mind the drop shadow, but the
aliasing doesn't make me happy.

-Wyatt