Release D 2.069.0

rsw0x via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 8 11:58:44 PST 2015

On Sunday, 8 November 2015 at 18:56:55 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 11/03/2015 08:49 PM, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> Glad to announce D 2.069.0.
>>
>> http://dlang.org/download.html
>> http://downloads.dlang.org/releases/2.x/2.069.0/
>>
>> This is the first release with a self-hosted dmd compiler and
>> comes with
>> even more rangified phobos functions,
>> std.experimental.allocator, and
>> many other improvements.
>>
>> See the changelog for more details.
>> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.069.0.html
>>
>> -Martin
>
> This schedule seems to work well. Daily downloads on the rise -
> 28-days moving average almost 1400 as of today. Good work
> everyone and particularly thanks Martin for putting us on a
> schedule!
>
> http://erdani.com/d/downloads.daily.png
>

> Andrei

This made me a bit interested on Linux package downloads, but the
only sources seem to be self-reported so you can only compare it
relatively.

Interestingly, GDC seems *very* popular - it has a 4:1 install
rate of gccgo and only trailing slightly behind the golang-go
package(reference compiler?) on Ubuntu's popcon. Debian's shows
nearly similar numbers. LDC is lagging severely behind on both -
packaging issue?