LDC 0.17.0 alpha cross-compiler for Android/ARM, D 2.068.2

Jakob Ovrum via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 11 18:51:44 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 22:43:01 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> On Saturday, 7 November 2015 at 18:39:22 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> OK, I've rebuilt ldc with one small tweak: I've added the
>> current directory to its rpath and bundled my system libconfig
>> along with it, which is what the official ldc release does too.
>>  You shouldn't need libconfig installed by your system anymore.
>>  Please download the updated release of the Android/ARM
>> cross-compiler and let me know if it works for you.
>
> Thanks, now compilation works! I have some unrelated issues
> with the NDK, so I will confirm how the end-to-end process
> works for me later once I solve that.

The issues I had came with using the 64-bit NDK - it worked as
explained in the article once I switched to the 32-bit NDK. The
issue appeared to be with the linker: /usr/bin/ld.bfd would
complain that it was not configured for --sysroots. Changing to
--fuse-ld=mcld revealed further issues. Perhaps the wiki article
should recommend the 32-bit NDK until these issues are figured
out.