Please vote for the DConf logo

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-announce digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 13 06:52:05 PST 2015

On 13.11.2015 15:22, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> By my count:
>
> * 1.1:            xxxxxxx
> * 1.2:            xxx
> * 2:              xxxxxxx
> * 3:              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> * 3, change font: xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> So 3 by "anonymous" is it!

Whee!

As I said in the original post, I'm not much of a designer. So if anyone
wants to improve details, I wouldn't mind. But I myself won't be able to
improve much upon it, probably.

This also applies to the font. I just browsed through the local list,
which is probably just the Ubuntu defaults, and picked one that looked
good to me. I'm not attached to it by any means, and I don't know the
first thing about fonts. So if anyone has something better in mind, go
for it.

The D in "DConf" is currently bold. Unbolding it may be an option. I
like it, though.

> I created https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dconf.org/pull/94
> and also preemptively uploaded the logo to
> http://dconf.org/2016/index.html. Had to adjust svg dimensions to 200x110.

I/we should make an SVG version that uses paths instead of <text>, so
that it doesn't depend on a local font. Maybe agree on the font first,
though.